M. Sc. Muhammad Aleem
Topics of research
Dynamic and innovative Battery Cell Research Engineer, offering extensive experience in battery cell engineering and testing. Proficient in coordinating and mentoring tasks within battery technology test fields, with a strong background in material synthesis, cell production, and electrochemistry. Adept in organizing and tracking tests, devices, and materials, alongside a deep understanding of battery cell performance criteria
Battery Cell Researcher, TU Berlin 2021-Present
- Led the SAFELiMOVE project to do the life cycle assessment and recycling study of battery materials
- led the development of battery prototypes, focusing on battery materials’ electrochemical characterization and performance testing.
- Managed laboratory operations, optimizing work processes and ensuring quality control in material analysis.
- Investigation and optimization of battery cell performance parameters (Lifetime, safety, power )
- Conducted High Throughput Testing (HTT) of ASSB battery materials, enabling rapid evaluation and optimization of battery cells.
- Synthesis of Hybrid solid electrolyte for fast charging of lithium metal batteries
Research Assistant, MEET Battery Research Center October 2019-January 2021
- Involved in hands-on training and supervision of students in the field of battery research, focusing on sustainable practices and green technologies.
- Contributed to the development of curricula for battery technology courses, ensuring they met the needs of the evolving industry.
- Played a key role in the Open Cell Module project for Li-Ion & Li-Sulfur Batteries, contributing to the solid-state synthesis of MnO2 and synthesis of SPAN for Li-S batteries.
- Stabilized cathode material for the Li-S system and optimized the system for long-term stability.
- Conducted extensive electrochemical and safety investigations for Li-S batteries.
PhD (Hybrid Polymer Electrolytes for Lithium Metal Batteries), HU Berlin
2024-Prsent Under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Philipp Adelhelm
Master of Chemical and Energy Engineering, OVGU Magdeburg,Germany
October 2014-March 2018
Master thesis : Influence of Substrate and Electrolyte on OER
with Ir based Catalyst (Supervised By Prof. Dr Kai Sundmacher)
Bachelor of Chemical Engineering, PU Lahore, Pakistan
Bachelor Thesis: synthesis of Lithium selective cation exchange membrane
– The ZIB Project